Wednesday, 31 January 2007

The Wedding


Sunday the 14th of January 2007 was the most amazing day. Peter and I were married at the Old Government House in the Belair National Park. Everything was perfect. It was a day of blessing after blessing. The weather was a beautiful 30 degrees with a gentle cool breeze. Helping me get ready and keeping me company that day where my bridesmaids, my two most cherished and constant friends, my best friends from our days at Mercedes College. I was surrounded by faeries; my own daughter and nieces, flower girl and her little sister and a number of other children who dressed up with glitter, wings, wands and faerie dresses for the day. And there was Peter, the most dashing and handsome groom who stood waiting for me. The moment I saw him, standing there grinning with tears, I was overcome with love for him. I had spent the morning and early afternoon trying to reign in tears of excitement at finally marrying this man I believe God chose for me. As I neared the aisle I could feel those tears trying to surge forward and when I saw him, there was no one else, the guests all faded away. I brimmed with tears, trying hard to stop them from spilling and running my mascara. I could bore you with even more details, but let me summarise with; the vows were exchanged, papers were signed and now we're officially husband and wife. Life has just begun.

No comments: